the chrysler building dress

"I'm supposed to be the Grand Duchess Anastacia but I think I look more like the Chrysler Building!" Roger DeBris (The Producers)

Dress- ASOS Curve / Shoes - ASOS


I normally wouldn't post about clothing which isn't purchasable anymore, but I really wanted to show you this lovely dress! I got it from ASOS Curve which had been a special collection by ASOS Black for Curve. The dress had been sold out in less than 2 days...but can't you tell why?
This beauty is entirely embellished with beads, sequins and rivets. I must admit, when I wear it I'm always a bit afraid of losing the embellishment and sitting down in the dress is also not very comfortable. But I haven't lost one single bead yet and I also see this dress as a party dress with a guaranteed great entrance effect..so no sitting necessary ;-) I dedicate this post to my wonderful colleague, S., which has named the dress "the Chrysler Building", inspired by the movie The Producers, in which Mr. Roger DeBris enters the room wearing an embellished gown saying "I'm supposed to be the Grand Duchess Anastacia but I think I look more like the Chrysler Building!".
In deed the dress really does have an architectural and futuristic look and so I think that the name given by my colleague is matching perfectly!
I really hope that Asos will restock the dress. I will definately keep you updated.


Normalerweise würde ich keine Kleidung in einem Post veröffentlichen, die nicht mehr zu erwerben ist. Aber dieses kostbare Stück wollte ich euch wirklich nicht vorenthalten. Ich hatte dieses Kleid bei ASOS Curve gekauft, welches für eine besondere Kollektion von ASOS Black für Curve gemacht wurde. Das Kleid war in weniger als 2 Tagen komplett ausverkauft...aber wundert euch das?
Diese Schönheit ist über und über mit Perlen, Pailletten und Nieten bestickt. Ich muss bedauerlicherweise zugeben, dass ich dieses Kleid stets mit großer Angst trage eine der Perlen zu verlieren und auch das Sitzen in dem Kleid ist leider nicht sehr bequem. Aber bisher habe ich keine einzige Perle oder Paillette verloren und da ich das Kleid eher als ein Partykleid mit "großem Auftritt" Faktor sehe, ist das Sitzen nicht gerade notwendig ;-)
Ich widme diesen Post meinem wundervollen Kollegen, S. Er gab diesem Kleid den Namen "The Chrysler Building", inspiriert durch den Film The Producers, in welchem Roger DeBris in einer bodenlangen, bestickten Robe den Raum betritt und sagt: "Eigentlich sollte ich Großfürstin Anastacia sein, aber ich finde ich sehe eher wie das Chrysler Building aus".
Tatsächlich hat das Kleid einen sehr architektonischen und futuristischen Look, weswegen ich den Namen überaus passend finde!
Ich hoffe sehr, dass Asos das Kleid wieder nachproduzieren wird. Ich werde euch auf dem Laufenden halten, falls ich hierzu irgendwas höre!











Labels: , , , , , , , ,